Wednesday 4 September 2013

the end of summer....


so the school holidays are over and the house is quiet again and I'm looking back at our summer to pick out my favourite bits....


it was slow and easy and the weather was mostly kind to us so we spent our days together on little trips here and there...

 a favourite day out is Llandudno... the skies were so blue and the little cable cars looked amazing bobbing along in the sunshine... we sat for ages just watching them going up and down...


we decided against the huge queue to jump on one and walked up to the ski slope instead...then after there's a stroll on the pier to the joke shop (this time it was itching powder and coal soap) oh how we laughed (kind of)


another day out was a trip to the beach at Lytham and St Annes for a go on the pedalos and a big walk on the sand...





and a day out at the brilliant Yorkshire Sculpture Park...(highly recommend this and will definitely go back)


 




and then there were days at home... enjoying the warm evenings and camping out in the garden...late bedtimes and sleepy mornings, breakfasts that turn into lunches and picnics with friends in the park...





and when I got a minute I turned this pile of lovely patterns


into a new quilt...this started with some scribbles in a note book and I had no idea if it would work but I went along with it...I like that its not one bit flowery and it's just the right size for snuggling under on movie nights.

and how lucky to find a thrifted sheet with little matching crosses for the back :)


so there you go...an uneventful but happy summer (I'm making the most of it before the teenage hormones kick in!! of course there were fractious times when it all gets a bit much but who wants to hear about that!) it's all back to school now and I'm ready for lots of sewing and making and bundling to fill my little shop again...
back soon x x x x x